20100925

Systems to return to normal...

because yesterday was the last time I have to see the nurse. I was discharged with instructions on how to care for myself. The good news is that I can forget this slothful fat slobby lifestyle I've had for the past 8 weeks. Now, to be honest I've had a love/hate relationship with my couch and the food I've enjoyed on it, but the time has come to return myself to the fit "young" lad that I know and really love.

I also visited my surgeon yesterday for the final time and got a complete run down of the procedure and what happened. I had not realised exactly how big this procedure was, but I now have an explanation for the pain and a reason why this is taking so long to heal. If you want details then just ask, but for now I won't publish what I lost down there. I still have an open wound and I know it will take some time to be back to "normal".

So, to celebrate some return to normal life, this morning I awoke just before sunrise and went for a walk/jog. Oh yeah, I'm taking it easy. A minute jogging here and there, but it felt great to be outside in the fresh sea air. I know it's going to be hard work for me to break the lazy habits I've formed during my recovery period. Slow and steady is the advice from the nurse. And in another couple of weeks I'll be able to ride again. Now that day I will really celebrate!

4 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yay for Muz. Good to see you are back on the run.

Peter said...

I know it will be hard for you to take it easy, but do it anyway.
It's good you're on the mend.
Take care buddy!

The Mutant said...

News of your recovery you say? Nothing could make me happier. Good to have you back mate.

wcs said...

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to further adventures.