20060908

I don't know what I'm eating, but...


should I care if I enjoy it? Should I really care about what is in it? Take Karage Udon for example... It tastes great, but do I really know "why" it does?

I know the soup has Udon Noodles and Karage Chicken in it. But, I have no idea what Udon Noodles are made of. Or why the longer you leave them in the soup the tastier they become. What is the soup made of for that matter? It tastes great, but it's different each time I get it (and that's often). I'm thinking it's some sort of chicken/beef stock soup or a strong Miso soup, not sure there.

There's seaweed in it. They used the same seaweed tonight as they wrap around the sushi, but the other times they've used some real seaweed pieces.

There's some sort of sweet beancurd thing that's like an omelet. Well, at least I think it's beancurd. It also has some dogdy crab stick... And, let's face it, WHO knows what's in one of them? It has some shalotts too. Oh, and some toasted sesame seeds.

3 comments:

KPB said...

The soup stock is made with stock and bonito flakes - a Japanese 'thing'. Udon noodles are made with wheat or corn flour.

Muzbot said...

Why didn't I think to ask you about it in the first place?! Now... can you tell me what's in the "crab sticks"? :)

KPB said...

crab lips and arseholes.
Like chicken nuggets have chicken lips and arseholes...