20080716

I wish I had a way to post pics...

because some of the rides I'm doing are really beautiful. However, I'm taking notes along the way and when I return to Sydney I'll be able to do some retrospective posts with pics.

Yesterday I did one of the most difficult rides of my life. Actually, I'll even go as far as saying it WAS the most difficult ride and rather extreme too. Part of the ride was high above the tree line and we had to traverse a few snow drifts. These look harmless enough before you start to cross them, but you never really can see the other side. They are slippery. One of them still had beautiful 30ft cornices on it that dropped away suddenly to a rocky base and would have been very dangerous if you got too close to its edge. Sliding off these things was actually fun, but with no control over the fast slipery descent I came to a very muddy and rocky abrupt stop.

The terrain was incredibly difficult to cross. I had a few tumbles, knocks and cuts, but I enjoyed the challenge and it's a ride I know I'll never forget. I can't wait to share some pictures with you.

4 comments:

Campbell said...

Sounds fantastic!
Looking forward to the pictures and more stories.

KPB said...

I don't care how much fun you're having. I miss you.

wcs said...

Can't wait for the fotos.

Mike said...

if your phone can email (with pix), then you can update blogger that way