20091214

I do like where I live...

On the weekend I went for a walk. Mark joined me on this walk. He was down from Brisbneyland for the weekend. Now, I have to say, it was one of the most beautiful days for a walk.

So we started at The Spit and headed towards the pub in Manly (where else would I head?!). On the way we came across many beautiful places to stop and enjoy the view.

Sydney Harbour is really one of the most amazing harbours in the world. There are tiny little coves like the one above dotted all around the perimeter. Some only accessible by boat, others only by walking a long way from the main road and others are just at the end of your average suburban street.

There was a nice breeze blowing and the yachts were out enjoying the harbour as well.

Yeah, pulling a bit of a face here in this one. Not only did we enjoy the paths through the national park we also snuck off the well worn paths to sit on the edge of the cliffs and climb over rocks looking for a geocache or two.

Top of the world Ma... Top of the world. I think Mark has more of a fear of cliff edges than Judo does. I was reprimanded once or twice for getting too close to the edge. One thing I really loved about this walk was that there was no time limit on it. We allowed ourselves time to just stop and enjoy where we were. No pressure, no hurry... until we got hungry and then enough was enough, we couldn't arrive at the pub quick enough.

6 comments:

wcs said...

Superb. We're sliding headlong into winter up here. Nice to see the sun and the gorgeous water.

Peter said...

I'm getting envious, stunning views [of you too] and nice weather.

Victor said...

I recently did the walk through the Harbour National Park from Taronga Zoo to Clifton Gardens.

This Eastern Suburbs boy found it a delightful experience (and the boy candy on view was delightful too.)

kheroseno said...

You really live in a paradise on earth, congratulations!!
Please keep showing images from this incredible part of the world.

Muzbot said...

WCS: I'm really enjoying the summer this year more than ever before. It's going to make winter just that little more unpleasant when it rolls around for us next year.
Peter: Thanks. It was a picture perfect day.
Victor: There are some great walks all over Sydney. I too love exploring and discovering new areas.
Kheroseno: Thanks for dropping by. I will share as much as I can.

Darth Gateau said...

O.M.G. How deliciously chunky have you become...?