20060723

It's a date Jim, but not as we know it....

The profile....
It's an amazing part of online life these days. Everyone has a profile. Especially if you're a blogger. Your blog is your biggest profile. The best part of a blog though, is that it's pretty much "what you read is what you get". However...

There's the other sort of profile. The online dating profile. I've been looking at a few of these recently and I'm having a fun time trying to match the profile picture to the profile name. Sometimes it's easy to look at someone's pic and go "yeah, I can see how your name matches your pic." Other times it's a case of "What the?" <- and that's more about the pic than the name. Faceless profiles really are a wonder to me. So, you're showing the world your nude shot because you're such an interesting person, right? No... I know what you're profile is about. Pass.

But what about those profile pics... Really, they should set expiry dates on these things. "Here's a pic of me on a great holiday I had..." back in 1990. C'mon now. Ok, I admit it, I have been sucked in by profile pics. In fact last night was one of those times. Luckily, I had the chance to have an online chat before hand and it was going well. The evening was great and the person behind the pic was pretty cool. There was even the admission that the age on the profile was off by 5 years... I'll be catching up again, and I did have a good dinner followed up with a coffee afterwards. I'm sure I'll be visiting this topic again sometime soon no doubt.

No comments: