20060720

My lunchtime epiphany

The unexpected lunch can be wonderful. I had just been to the canteen to pick up lunch (pie and chips today) and was walking back to the office, when I bumped into Killer. She asked me if I was going to eat at my desk again, and if so, if I wouldn't mind eating with her instead. Cool!

Killer and I were musing over the past few weeks and the crap that's been going on in our lives when I started talking about how I don't really feel like going through the whole "dating" thing again. I have lost a certain amount of trust in people. But then we talked about possible dates and I started to describe what would make a successful date for me. And it came down to connecting with someone. Now, that's pretty broad and we all know that you need a connection with someone to click. But how do I connect? What would make me enjoy myself and love spending time with someone? Then I said it... Chatting with someone who has passion in their lives. I really enjoy the company of people who are passionate about something. It's something that I like to feel from others and it makes me have a certain level of respect for them. Killer is great to have lunch with...

No comments: