20090711

Let's go fly a kite...

I've been feeling a bit crap this week. Actually "crap" is the perfect word to describe it as I've had a tummy bug that's kept me, well um, very close to the loo. Get the picture? It's got me down. You know, wanting to eat real food, wanting to have a beer, wanting to leave the house and wanting just one night worth of good sleep. Today after my attempt at lunch I ran to the loo did what I had to do and then nothing. I haven't been to the loo for hours. I wandered down to the beach to fill my lungs with fresh air.

While I was there I felt the wind on my face. A reasonably strong winter wind was blowing in across the ocean. I needed cheering up so I ran home, grabbed my sports kite and headed back to the beach. A few minutes later she was in the air and my feet were being washed by the wash of the waves. Stress - gone.

The thing I love most about flying my kite on the beach is the fact that it's dad's with kids who stop and watch. Sometimes crowds gather near the surf club and watch me wrestle the winds. The second thing I love the most is getting my feet wet as I walk back against the wind and end up in the surf. The third thing I love the most is the fight to control the kite sometimes.

Overall, flying my kite makes me happy. I hope to one day, maybe next summer, get out there with a power kite and surf the waves as well.

2 comments:

TC said...

Well they do say if you've gotta lotta wind to go fly a kite Muz...

The Mutant said...

Sounds awesome. I'll admit to being one of those people who stops and gawks too!
Glad to hear you're feeling better - hopefully you'll be able to jump right back into a decent feed and a beer!