20091013

Happy travels...

So what have I been up to? Visiting.
Actually, I did something pretty cool last week. It was Mark's birthday on Thursday so, throwing caution to the wind, I decided at the last minute to fly up to Brisbane and surprise him. I found out where he was getting together with his mates for dinner. I told his flat mate that I would be coming up and if plans changed he should let me know.

I was really nervous. I can't really explain why, but I guess it was fear of him not appreciating the surprise. You just never know how someone is going to react to the "unplanned". However, when I walked in to the pub, while chatting to him on the phone, the moment our eyes met I knew I had done the right thing. "Surprise!"

Visiting him to personally deliver a birthday present was really one of the best things I've done in ages. He has one of the best smiles you will ever see.

3 comments:

kookyknut said...

I never picked you for a romantic... nice work :)

Monty said...

Bless - our Muz is a big ol' softie!

What was the present? You, naked except for a nice big ribbon??? ;-)

The Mutant said...

Awwwwww, how super cute! You guys is the bestest!