20091004

OOOoooo, creepy...

My tank holds a mystery. There were a couple of extra additions to my tank yesterday that I didn't mention. I also added about 2.5kg of live rock. It's intended that these rocks provide some texture and footings for the anemone to rest on or nestle into. However...

As I watched the starfish creep over the rock a small hairy tentacle curled out of a hole in the rock. Then another tentacle cautiously poked out another nearby hole in the rock. The critter has not revealed itself to me as yet. I've been watching... and watching. Whatever it is it is small. I'm hoping it's a young feather or brittle star (see below). Although it could very well be something else that's furry with tentacles (Hmmm, I've met a few guy's like that...).


There are a couple of (hard to see in the picture below) other smaller critters attached to the rock as well. They seem to be Aiptasia Anemone, which after a little research may be unwanted additions to the tank if they start multiplying. I shall keep a vigilant eye on them.

No comments: