20061025

Four bucks...

for sausages and mash. Is this Sydney's best value dine out dinner? Well, frankly, yes.

I returned to the Lord Raglan last night after a few months absence caused by a change in management. As the sign out the front of the pub says, "They're gone, and we're back!" The pub was as quiet as it always was... infact, apart from the couple of old dudes in the pokie room, there was just two of us in the pub at one point. The beautiful marine fish tank is still there and still fascinates me each trip I make to the loo.

I opted for the $6 Schnitz and mash then lashed out and spent the extra 50c for some peas. It was served on a plate that looked like it came from Mum's kitchen and tasted just like that too. I shall return for the $4 pie meal.

Oh, and came tied first at their trivia... with no help from the quiz mistress on any of the questions. (I really liked this trivia, but the quiz mistress tried way too hard and came across more annoying than a drag queen).

1 comment:

Bec said...

I think I know that quiz mistress. Big boobs and about a third as funny as she thinks she is?