20061022

Saturday...


was a great day... sure it was wet and cold, but hey, I had some fun today.
Judo and I did breaky in Manly and I braved the shops to get a present for Jj's son. It was his 1st b'day.
We did a quick dash to find a Geocache - found! Judo dropped me off at Jj's and a small part of me was very nervous because I thought it would be all mothers and kids and I'd be very out of place. But I settled in and met some very nice people. And to top it off the food was exactly what I had hoped it would be. Lot's of sweets and tasty sausages on rolls. I even had a chocolate crackle... My first one in probably about 26 years. When Killer showed up we went and played a bit of soccer out the back with the kids and let the grown-ups talk babies and home improvements inside.

Judo came back later and we had a bit more cake and chatted for a bit. The odd game of hide and seek was a pleasure too... Although, sitting on Jj's kitchen floor was probably not the greatest hiding place. Judo and I then went to investigate an excellent spot for a geocache... Look out cachers for that one... you'll get your feet wet! Cooked Judo a nice risotto for dinner, chatted some more and came home feeling like I had had the best Saturday in ages... well, at least since last Saturday :)

2 comments:

kookyknut said...

mmmm.. Chocolate crackles. Did you have any luck at pass the parcel or pin the tail on the donkey?

KPB said...

No games kookynut - I classify the first birthday as about the only one you can get away with at not having games. You have to capitalise on these rare opportunities.