20070106

I had a cool day today...






I went out for a ride on the bike. "Someone" seemed to think that I was going to be bored on this ride. However, I knew of no such thoughts. I was so happy to be out enjoying the fresh air and beautiful bush that the fact that the ride was not going to be too difficult was just the bonus! It was damn hot.

I also enjoyed finding a fairly out of the way Geocache. This one was actually not on any paths... Which, I think the theme of this one was all about. It was in Belangalo State Forest. This forest has a history. I can understand why the rangers questioned us as to the purpose for being in this place. It's creepy and I don't think I'll be going to this place ever again. But, I really enjoyed the ride.

I got to spend some time wandering around the peaceful gardens of the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere late in the afternoon. I'd definitely re-visit this place. It was a very peaceful beautiful place. So very different to this morning's location. Today was almost the quintessential version of good and evil.

AND...
I also got to have a bloody good home cooked dinner and chill at my two good mates place and watch dvds. Which tonight were: "Howl's Moving Castle" and "The Guru". I would have loved to see the whole of The Guru, but I was so bloody tired I had to come home or fall asleep on the lounge there and snore while they try to watch a movie.

So the whole day ended with a general feeling of ... ok, wait for it, love in the air.

Photo's from the day are here.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I often drive past the Belangalo sign and wondered what it was like down there - you have satified my curiosity, mmm agreed, creepy.
Sang Christmas carols at the Buddest temple near Bundanoon, a really unifying experience a very generous people. They give lunch away each day to any who come, beautiful.
Happy adventures in '07. I see you really get the idea that "life is not a rehearsal". Good on you.

wwwoof said...

Hmm - am I wrong or is Muz not wearing his visor again!

What is a geocache?

Muzbot said...

Hmmmm. a goecache is a solution to a global treasure hunt. It's found by solving clues given online along with it's GPS location on the planet. I've heard it's geeky, BUT because since I've been finding these little things, I've never found it geeky. I've found the game to be fun, educational (there's the geeky bit I think) and it's got me to places that I've would have NEVER thought to visit before.