20090108

If it wasn't already obvious...

Went out walking and exploring the local habitat with Judo on Tuesday evening and discovered a great walking track from Shelly to North Head. It meanders up and through some beautiful coastal environments and has some great views from the ridges and cliff-tops.

So, I now have a new running route. It's great as it has an enjoyable cross country element to it as well as some street running. I could even throw in a swim leg at the end if I was so inclined, but frankly, I'm not inclined.

9 comments:

Monty said...

I once set up a romantic moonlight picnic up there on one of the cliff edges on that track. It's an awesome track isn't it!

Monty said...

And APPARENTLY (from what one of my friends has told me), there's all sorts of ACTIVITIES that take place on North Head!!! So keep your eyes opened!!! ;-)

Muzbot said...

Monty: Awwwww, sweet.
Yes, "one of your friends" ;)

The Mutant said...

Running? swimming?? You crazed fitness nut! You'll injure yourself doing that kind of thing. I'm a firm believer you shouldn't run unless you're being chased, so... wanna chase me?

Stu said...

Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Muzbot said...

TM: I'm no distance runner, well not a 1000km distance runner... Just a bit too far.
Stu: I did this run clockwise.

kookyknut said...

I love north head, such an amazing view at night. I'd love to do the ghost tour of the quarantine stn one night.

wcs said...

Maybe I should start running now that I'm stuffed with meatballs.

Tom said...

You live in Manly and it's January and you're not inclined to do the swim leg?! That'll change! You should do the Cole Classic: http://www.coleclassic.com/home.php