20100106

Syrah Dolcetto...

She's my new best friend.
Actually, it's a type of red wine that I have fallen in love with. Why, why, why do I fall in love with these lesser known varieties of wine? I'm not even a red wine fan.

When it comes to wine, I seem to cling to what I know (and have known for ages). I like rich full wines. Merlots. Strong, slightly bitter yet smooth. I like that fullness in the mouth. Whites are more tricky. I like ice cold crisp dry wines. But, that's another story...

Meet Syrah Dolcetto. The most delicious red wine I have had in ages. Totally not what I go for. It's kind of like going for a blond if you're a brunet man or going for the bottom if you're usually on top... It's unexpected. Sweet. She's sweet and adds this amazing little super-fine tiny fizzy feeling on my tongue. She is different. Different to the other reds. I like that.

And she's not expensive. Win/win.

2 comments:

rohan said...

is this the brown brothers wine? I too have recently fallen for this wine? introduced by a friend and love at first sip!!

Muzbot said...

Hi Rohan: I haven't tried the Brown Brothers one yet. I'm drinking a clean skin from my local Liquor Land. It's a Gapsted variety. It's an amazing drop.