20090219

Rock 'n roll...

The past couple of days have seen some big seas across the heads of the Harbour. This morning I was stopped in my tracks, along with several other passengers heading to the wharf, as we watched the earlier ferry negotiate the rather large waves. It was bobbing up and down like a tiny cork. I was actually a little nervous about boarding my ferry. Here is some footage from another time there were big seas and it will give you an idea of why I felt just a little bit nervous:



We too headed out to the open heads like that and despite my nerves, I still thought it was a mighty fun ride to work. Wheeeee!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Probably one of those days you sit inside even if it's sunny!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you talk of the age old Sydney tradition called "crossing the heads"

It's great, mate !

Victor said...

Interesting that the ferry did a complete about turn at the end of the clip as it was crossing the Heads. Do you think that the trip to Manly was aborted?