20090511

I have an owie...

This injury has really upset my jogging routine. Am I happy about it? Hell no! I'm down right cranky about it. Apparently this type of injury is common for people who jog on sand. Bah! I never jog on sand.
Actually, the injury did happen while I was on the sand, but I was swimming. I felt a small pinch on my left ankle and thought I had been bitten or stung by something. The pain soon subsided so I ignored it... for weeks. However, jogging and certain positions that my foot went into still caused great pain. So I had it checked out recently and there you have it. A stupid annoying tear in the Achilles tendon on my left ankle. Maybe I'll spend this winter growing fat and ugly from no exercise. Sob sob...

5 comments:

Peter said...

Muz, you can grow fat and ugly, but the real beauty is still inside that person.

You're beautiful!

The Mutant said...

Oh my god, can I get you anything? Cold pack? Heat pack? Ottoman? Maybe you'd just like some quite time alone with a bucket of fried chicken, Irish cream ice-cream, a can of whipped cream and a packet of Tim-tams?

And no, your arse doesn't look fat in that injury. Maybe I could get you some chips and gravy?

Egg and bacon sandwich?

Block of chocolate?

Would that make you feel better?

Muzbot said...

Peter: my outer beauty has been suffering for some time now, you know, age and all... so I do still rely on my inner beauty a lot these days. :)
TM: Anything but Tim-Tams. Those biscuits are vile. V.I.L.E. I've just had myself a nice big caramelo choc brownie from the cafe near work. They are the most delicious brownies in the world and yes, I do feel much better. Now, where is that can of Coke to wash it down with.

wcs said...

Ouch. This will not affect any upcoming adventures, like diving, will it? I hope not.

Heal, heel!

K said...

Isn't there anything they can do to heal it?

Now that you mention it, I have a nagging injury that caused great pain when I move my right leg in certain positions. I hurt it in a volleyball competition a few months back... I think I better get it look at as well.

Anyway, you can grow fatter but never ugly as you will always be handsome!