20061225

And if it wasn't Xmas Day, I'd be cranky...

because after riding around Sydney trying to find somewhere to have a nice Christmas morning breakfast, I found 1 cafe open. I get the feeling that the rest of Sydney who were looking for coffee this morning also found this place. It was aptly named too. "The Grumpy Baker". I don't think he was coping with the amount of people ordering coffees... well all variations of coffee, "I'll have a lite soy latte with three shots of coffee and a skinny cap with two shots and ummmm, sugar, yes, I'd like sugar too, but can you put raw sugar in the soy and do you have coffee sugar? I'd like that in the cap thanks" said one ultra slim woman. It seems that everyone there had a "special" way to have their coffee. I think he was relieved when I said, "Just a flat white thanks." I didn't get the flat white, I got a strong cap instead, but I wasn't about to upset him by returning it. I returned to my parked bike about 45 minutes later to find someone had snapped the front right indicator off. GRRRrrrrrr.

But I've been for a quick ride through the streets of Sydney because it's one of the few days in the year that all the streets are empty and I can do zig zags through all my favorite parts of the city. I was smiling, got home, did some repairs on my bike and had a great chat to my family - who are currently in Nth Qld having a champagne breakfast on a beach near the Whitsundays. Nice. Am looking forward to catching up with Kookyknut later for our Boxing Day Eve celebrations.

Merry Christmas to all of you who have taken the time to share my blog with me. Hope you are all enjoying your day.

3 comments:

LBA said...

Merry Christmas, Muz !

( I abhore wanky coffee orderers )

Steve said...

Good on you for keeping cool in the coffee dept, that was a kind act, not adding to the blokes problems that day.

meggie said...

Merry After-Christmas!

Hope your 'seasonal' activities are all good.