20061205

I'm lovin' this right now...

It's tasty. It's probably good for me. It's Japanese fast food.

I've been running away from work to the other side of the city for an early lunch at Yoshinoya trying to beat the crowd. Today's tasty choice from the menu was the Grilled Beef Bowl Meal. This comprised of miso, karage chicken, the above mentioned Beef Bowl and a Coke. I seriously could have eaten just 4 or 5 servings of the karage. Deep fried goodness! I'm yet to be convinced that this is actually "grilled" beef. It tastes just like the regular beef bowl, "Gyudon". Gyudon is very thin slices of beef simmered in a special broth made up of stock, wine and over 40 spices (so the story goes).
This entry in Wikipedia is interesting.

Anyone want to join me for an early lunch sometime?

No comments: