20071030

The Far North

Well, I'm back in Sydney after a few days lazing about on the tropical coast of Queensland. There is so much that I love about this part of the world, but there is also an equal amount that puts me off.

The water up there is so beautiful, the temperature is nothing less than great all year 'round and the sea life is diverse and plentiful. But it's also deadly. With the northerly onshore wind blowing in I didn't dare go in the water for fear of box jellies, as this is the season for them. What else could I do but find a nice shady grove of palms to rest in and watch the fishermen and dogs play on the soft sand. It's a hard life.

My family converged on this location for a weekend get-together. Spending time with my three sisters was just great. The champagne and beer were flowing and the food was copious. I don't know what is is about the tropics, but everything tasted so much fresher and richer. It was a weekend full of laughter and love.

I even tried out a few new looks, Islander Muzbot and Greatful Dead Muzbot:

6 comments:

kookyknut said...

The question on everyone's lips: Do blondes have more fun?

mykel said...

hey muzbot good to see you're back, looks like you had fun. gotta love wig play, nice way to step out of yourself ;)

Darth Gateau said...

sometimes the only way to enjoy champagne and good food is in a blonde wig. Of course, if you're eating pizza and smoking cigars then that's a whole different story - only a tricorn hat and false eyelashes will do then...

Monty said...

Still think I prefer Biker Muzbot! But the blonde thing...hmmmm... ;-)

Glad you had a great time...that is the one thing I love about Nth Qld is the WARM water all year round!

TufNutts said...

so much hair Muz - will you be getting rid of ALL of your facial hair and growing a MO for MOvember? I like the look of the new hair (or lack of). :-) Pete

Christerbjorn said...

Hey Muz,
It's the 1st of the month!!! Last month you were chomping at the bit to change your header, granted, the October header is awesome, but I've been looking forward to having you outdo yourself.
McDreamy.