20071009

Love at first sight...

What a great night I had last night. Dinner with Judo. We went to our fave haunt, Hooters. Monday night at Hooters is "Military Night", where if you are an armed forces person and you wear your uniform you get cheap eats. So I had high hopes for some extra eye candy. Alas, I guess men and women in uniform have more class than me and I didn’t see any pressed pleats. But, Hooters is currently running an Ultimate Chicken Wing Challenge. The task: to eat as many of their tasty wings in a set period of time. The winner goes into the final playoff to win flights to a Hooters restaurant in another state + dinner for himself and 5 of his mates. Best of all, entry is free. Could this be just the BEST competition ever?!

On the way home we stopped off to look at the new Ducati 1098. OMG. The moment I laid eyes on this beast I fell in love. Finally Ducati have a sports bike that is as sexy as it is powerful. We must have looked like two kids outside a toy store window looking in with lust in our eyes. There is so much to love about this bike. It even has built-in data technology to allow you to download your ride stats for analysis. It’s "Nike+iTunes" for bikes! Swoon and drool. Seriously, I haven't felt this sort of desire since I first laid eyes on my own current bike. I'm going to be extremely jealous if Judo rides out of the showroom on one of these. But, then there's a waiting list for these bikes, so I have a few months to deal with that. :)

So after that encounter, I decided to nude up, throw on the full leathers and go and have some serious quality time with my own bike. What a great night for a late night ride through the dark urban Sydney streets, to ride right through the guts of Sydney Olympic Park with no-one around to hinder my swerving and swaying across the paving. A beautiful night, with just the hint of rain and thunder in the distance, to ride the bright sparkling city streets as people emerged from cinemas and bars. I had fun. And so, here’s another glimpse at my new lust object, it looks so sleek in it's black and red frame configuration:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good night. I remember when my husband and I used to jump in his car and drive around the streets at night. That was many years ago, before the kids... Actually, I think my first child may have had something to do with one of those drives at night.

TufNutts said...

Muz, me thinks the trick with Hooters is to advertise cheap eats for defence personnel in uniform, with the hope that it will attract the likes of sexy Muz - Great advertising on their part as it worked! :-) Mmm, what a picture I have in my mind of Muz nuding up and getting those leathers on and I must say, what a handsome couple you and Ducati would make. TN

Monty said...

Bet there's dozens of men out there who are now regretting that they weren't in Olympic Park last night! ;-)

Darth Gateau said...

nude up? Leathers?

....

Back in a few...

Darth Gateau said...

ok. Back again and feeling er... satisfied.

Any chance of that dare coming to fruition....?

Anonymous said...

"I decided to nude up, throw on the full leathers and go and have some serious quality time with my own bike. What a great night for a late night ride through the dark urban Sydney streets..."

What might that look like?

And is that the same "Hooters" as they have in the US and some parts of Canada? I'm guessing not.

Oh, and a Ducati...I don't know anyhing about bikes, but I do know a Ducati is much hotter than any old HD.

(no offense to any HD riders)

KPB said...

When I get my licence I want me one of those.