20071002

The Rise of The Silver Surfer...

This long weekend started off rather suckfully with me heading into work on both Saturday and Sunday as I tried to meet a looming deadline. Not a good way to start a long weekend, but when I left work on Sunday I had a party to look forward to. A party unlike others in Sydney. Bad Dog.

This party was space and alien themed. As you can see from the picture to the left my costume for this party was a full silver suit. A very shiny silver suit. I was very nervous and unsure about wearing something like this. But in a personal test of courage and self belief I actually became very excited at the thought of doing something so out of character, yet so very much something I knew deep down, if I just gave it a go, I would love doing.

I was most comfortable and Dave and I REALLY stood out. It was a great night. There were a few comments from my friends that really gave me a laugh... "Hey Muz, you leave nothing to the imagination there!" and "Well, at least I know what religion you are now." I'm sorry I don't have any pictures from the night, I forgot to take my camera with me, but with any luck I'll be able to track down a picture that some random girl took.

Slowly I'll challenge my fears and one by one I'll attempt to conquer them and move forward with a little more confidence than I had previously.

8 comments:

seymour said...

You fellas were the beau and beau of the ball.

Anonymous said...

Hi Muz, was good to catch up with you on Sunday night. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw you there.
1: because what you were wearing really turned heads and
2: because it was YOU!.
You've changed a lot since I first met you a couple of years ago, both emotionally and physically, and I really like this new and improved Muz. Go get 'em. You're a real character.
Jase

Anonymous said...

So.... what religion ARE you??? :)

Monty said...

Good on ya Muz! Shame there's no pics of you in the suit so that we could see what religion you are!!! *wink* Great to catch up today! Thanks heaps mate!

Muzbot said...

seymour: Thanks, you know I thought you were looking rather good too. Very good actually.
Jase: Good to see you too buddy and yeah, am very happy at the moment. There's good things all 'round.
Anon: It was one of those "you had to be there" moments.
Monty: As always, good to catch up with you too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ...

Glad Dave helped you out with one. I would NEVER have the guts to wear something like that in public.

Muzbot said...

Judo: C'mon now... I've been mountain biking with you and know that my lycra was more covering than your riding gear was! :)

Tales of the City said...

Did you make them yourselves? Where does one go to buy these suits?