20071015

The festival of the motorbike...

concluded here in Oz yesterday with Casey Stoner taking out the Australian Championship of the MotoGP at Philip Island.

My weekend started early Friday when I took the day off from work and jumped on my bike and headed south down the freeway. I had no plans to stop anywhere in particular but the aim was to make it to Canberra and stay there for a couple of nights.

It was one of the most enjoyable weekends I've had in ages. Judo rode down late Friday night/early am Sat and arrived at the hotel freezing. It was mighty cold that night. Saturday was spent looking at a couple of the local bike shops in the morning then in the arvo we went for a ride to Cotter, Mt Stromlo, Gibraltar falls and Corin. The roads down that way are great for riding. There are long sweeping bends, lots of places to get up a bit of speed and a few tight S's.

We rode back to Sydney on Sunday and swapped bikes for 2/3 of the way home. It was interesting riding Judo's bike on the open road and was great to feel the differences in the two bikes. I may be biased, but my bike is a much more enjoyable bike to ride. It suits my build and it fits beautifully between my legs. However, Judo's bike's power is bit smoother than mine. It was a good weekend to be away and share some quality time with my bike and my mates.


5 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

I thought of you today when I was stood at the kerb waiting for the lights to change at a crossing. A huge bike pulled up - don't know what kind, sorry, but it was massive, shiny and looked impressive - and the rider/driver (?) took off his helmet and asked for directions. He was soooo hot I nearly fell over. I just stood there chewing dry air for a bit until my brain kicked in and I switched from over-excited teenager to knowledgeable gent about town. If you have that kind of effect on people when you're on your bike I reckon you could probably own the world in a couple of years.

Muzbot said...

Darth: I often think, based on my current look, that when I take my helmet off I actually scare people. And that's actually a good feeling too :) But I'd love to think that I was one of those riders that have a good look to them.

Tales of the City said...

Errm.. Mr Muzbot you so damn sexy and hot in that Photo next to the bike. Surely all the boys tell you that.. even without the bike.

Anonymous said...

Handsome man. Very.

Darth Gateau said...

I'd be super excited if you stopped and asked me for directions - especially if they were to my house...