20070528

Oh my gawd...

Rome is an interesting city. I wouldn't say it's a beautiful city, but it's definately growing on me.

I met up with Darth G yesterday arvo in one of the parks here in Rome over near the Spanish Steps. It was great just sitting on the grass in the shade on a summer's afternoon. I was slightly jet lagged so I'm nt sure I've left the greatest impresion on him and his mates as I think I spent the time staring off into the distance in some sort of weird travellers trance. Sorry DG, next time I promise I'll have a bit more of a spark in me.

I've done most of the touristy things including eating traditional pizza. Yesterday's lunch consisted of a traditional Italian lunch of 5 courses with a fantastic red Italian wine to go with it. The location was recomended to us by our cab driver and he was spot on. A beautiful alfresco dining area on the banks of the river.

The rain has just closed in for the arvo, so I'm about to hit the bars and stay off the streets... actually, I would call this city one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

5 comments:

Tales of the City said...

One of my favourite cities.. wish I were there right now. Its been pouring with rain.. that said I had a good red at lunch time. Kind of makes it okay. ENJOY the rest of Roma. Ciao Bello.

seymour said...

Italians do it better

Monty said...

How was DG??? Tell us all...hope you took photos of him! and enjoy Rome, it is a great city! ciao mio amico!

Anonymous said...

I am in Rome! Oft as the morning ray Visits these eyes, waking at once I cry, Whence this excess of joy? What has befallen me? And from within a thrilling voice replies, Thou art in Rome! A thousand busy thoughts Rush on my mind, a thousand images; And I spring up as girt to run a race!

LBA said...

I loved Roma !

A bizarre highlight was eating al fresco one day when a saggy baggy old nude lady started dancing in the street. It was hilarious, and a bit of a pity when the local police came and took her away .. ;)