20070520

The weekend that was...

seemed to be all about food. Saturday was great. Had a good morning catching up for a coffee and brunch with Monty. Followed up with a bite to eat in Hyde Park. Sitting in the city in the sun on a weekend is nearly as enjoyable as it is during the week.

Judo and I decided to continue my quest to explore all varieties of 'steak house' so we jumped on our bikes and had a great ride out to Penrith to experience more of middle class Sydney. This weeks steak house was called "The Spur". Oh man, did I eat big! Steak and Tex Mex combo. I even dived in and had coffee and desert.

Today we did a little more holiday planning and booked a couple more hotels. Then off to a FANTASTIC Japanese noodle restaurant in Crows Nest called "Ryo's Noodles". I swear I was transported to a little corner of Japan. The food seemed to be ultra traditional and ultra tasty. I went for the raman sour chicken soup with squid balls. After lunch we headed out to the Telstra Stadium for the Bulldogs -V- Cronulla footy game.

Have just got in from a great catch up and roast dinner cooked by my ex... oh, and coffee and donuts on the way home. Was another great weekend in Sydney.

4 comments:

puppet said...

scince when was penrith middle class?? i grew up in the west & last time i checked that plac was far from the astrayia dream

Tales of the City said...

Jealous.
Ps.. what TV appearance was your sis doing?

A Table For Two said...

ahhh Ryotei is the place I suggested you to meet up for Japanese ramen, seems like you made it there yourself. Glad u liked it.

wwwoof said...

I spent that sunny Sunday taking a canuck friend sight seeing round the north shore, and all he wanted was PINK iced donuts - go figure they cant get those in Canada apparently!