20070514

The weekend that was

My sister arrived in Sydney on Friday evening for a visit. It was go-go-go from the moment she stepped off the plane right up until this afternoon when she stepped back on the plane. It's the first time she has been away by herself from her kids since the first one was born. We partied at bars, we chilled in cafes and mingled at markets. She shopped for bargains and we ate at some cool Sydney tucked away places.

On Sunday my sister had to be up and in the city very early for a "TV appearance", so I had a couple of hours to wander around the city taking some photos. I've uploaded some of them to Flickr.

Sunday arvo we went to Manly and while my sister wandered the streets and malls I went for a dive. It was a very average dive, I only took a few pictures. Not sure what was happening in the picture to the left, but I actually like the colour and motion in it. Towards the end of the dive Judo and I had a bit of air left in our tanks, so we had some underwater shenanigans including an underwater arm wrestle. That was so much fun in the weightless environment.

We finished up the night in Manly with pizza from the best pizza place EVER and a few drinks at a dodgy underground bar. *Note to self: Hide all microphones when there are 80's film clips on the television in the bar. :) It was a fantastic night and it was great to see my sister let her hair down and just enjoy herself... Love you Jules.

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Sounds like a good weekend with family, friends, nature, cities....what more could you want.
It's fun seeing people who are important to you enjoying themselves in a way they wouldn't normally do. I reckon you'd be a great brother!

LBA said...

Sounds like a lovely time.

I actually got to read the '10- things' post you deleted, as it was saved on my Bloglines ;p

I won't tell a soul, but it seemed very sweet.

P.S. - don't do drugs, m'kay ?