20071210

Street art...

Recently my interest in street art has been aroused once again. I've been very impressed with the scene and what's going on overseas with lowbrow art on the streets. It's becoming more diverse in the materials that are being used and some of the concepts are very clever. I often think about the time when I was out and about on the streets. The super fond memories I have of this time period and the creative people who I shared this time with will always be very close to my heart. Street art, to me, is fantastic and bold. I often wish I had captured more of this time on video or with photographs.

The image above is one of mine in Melbourne. I've put a couple of pics on Flickr, but I couldn't find any better ones. Jelly fish below. :)


Youtube

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!!!! hope you share more...

Anonymous said...

Hey Muz,

a mate Striker is doing pasteups around Newtown involving squids, usually in some form of combat outfit. He has a lot of work up on Mary St which is worth checking out...it's a hot spot for street art.

I was looking through some random flickr page and came across one of my own from a year back...was nice to see someone else thought it was worthy of a photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22179952@N00/342370091/in/pool-sydneygraffiti/


Marty

Anonymous said...

That was interesting... mainly because you never actually see anyone do that sort of stuff. It just appears. Was good to actually see how much fun you seemed to be having.

yani said...

Yaaaaay Street Art! I could almost swear I saw a blue version of the screaming/yelling/laughing face when I was out and about doing my own Street Art Safari on Sunday... I didn't get a shot of it because the camera wouldnt focus on it properly for some reason (too much light, not enough light, not enough contrast, I dunno).

I love the Frankendude... and the green guy in the stripey top looks kinda cute (you know, for a pasteup) ;)

yani said...

Ah crap... I didn't realise Frankendude was yours... I love it twice as much now!

Trevor Messersmith said...

Tag! You're it in this season's installment of The Ten Little Tings Meme...courtesy of Buffalo Void.

Play along...or don't play along...either way you're tagged!

xoT$