So, continuing on with the meme theme at the moment, here is one about food. This is kind of torture for me because I've not really been eating for the past few days...
1. How do you like your eggs? As a simple omelette, not too much filling. Maybe just some mushrooms and cheese. I even love the sushi style Tamago one.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee: never made at home, in a mug, white with two. Tea: White or black depending on if I actually have "in date" milk in the fridge. So, that's mostly black at home.
3. Favorite breakfast food: I'm going to go with crumpets. I love these.
4. Peanut butter: Well, in Qld we called PB "peanut paste". It had something to do with the peanut farmers and dairy farmers arguing over the use of the word "butter". But I like mine crunchy.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I often like an undressed salad. I do like a light French dressing though.
6. Coke or Pepsi? Hmm. I like both. I'm no cola snob.
7. You’re feeling lazy. What do you make? 2 minute noodles.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Ham and Pineapple.
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Chicken and asparagus risotto.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Crab. My grandfather was the president of a fishing club and I can remember going out in his boat checking crab-pots for fresh crabs. I don't eat crab these days, but even when I see one I still have fond memories of them cooking at home or at my grandparent's place.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? It's not really a bad memory, more a sickly feeling. Cherries. I just can't stand the sight of these things. I was so ill as a child after eating cherries that even to this day I will avoid looking at them.
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Not really. Food tends to remind me of different places or time, not really a person.
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? See Q11.
14. What was your favorite food as a child? Home cooked fudge or coconut ice. My mum used to make the BEST coconut ice. It was never crumbly and sugary, it was so creamy and ever-so-slightly chewy. It was delicious. Oh god what I'd give for some of this right now.
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? I was just talking about this with my flatmate the other night. Brussels sprouts. I really like these babies now.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Toffee. I can't stand the thought of eating a solid lump of sugar.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Fruit: Strawberries. Oh how I love these juicy red packages of goodness. I even love how in a punet of strawberries the flavour can range between tangy and sweet. It's a mystery how they can taste so different, yet so similar. Vegetable: Corn. The smell of corn on the cob cooking is just heaven to me.
18. Favorite junk food: I'm going to go with KFC here. I don't eat it often, but sometimes I just want to go out and dig into a two piece feed, mash and all. I guess my other fave junk food would have to be potato chips (crisps) with beer at the pub.
19. Favorite between meal snack: Polly waffle. I sometimes think I devour way too many of these. I think these may be an Aussie only food.
20. Do you have any weird food habits? It's not weird, well at least not in my books, but I don't like to eat fish that isn't farmed or self caught. The widespread raping of the ocean is something I feel ashamed of as a human.
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Diet? me? I'm not one for dieting. Sure, I'm conscious of what I eat, but I've never been "on a diet". So let's say I'd fill up on Realfood's Corn Thins. These are good enough on their own or with peanut butter spread over them.
22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? A real good Surf and Turf steak thanks, with lumpy mash and green beans. The surf part has to be garlic prawns and the turf part med-rare for me.
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? I like medium spicy Thai, but funnily enough, I don't like spicy Indian at all. I can do Mexican really spicy. MMMmmmmm.
24. Can I get you a drink? Sure, if it's warm outside, we're sitting by a pool and you're paying I'll have a Caipirinha. Otherwise, just get me a beer thanks.
25. Red or White Wine? Red, preferably a cab-mer. Or if it's going to be white, make it a dry crisp very cold one.
26. Favorite dessert? Custard.
27. The perfect nightcap? Umm, my perfect nightcap is not suitable for publication.