20060814

God rode a bike - and lived in the country...



You know this because riding out in the central west is just one of the best experiences to be had. I just love riding. Farmer and I had a great ride on Sunday arvo. What better way to spend a fantastic sunny day. We did a loop from Perthville to Burraga to Oberon to Bathurst to Perthville. On the way, at Burraga, stopped off to find a cache. Nice spot near a dam.

I've discovered that I just love road trips on the bike. Especially when you get in behind a semi and catch a ride on its slip stream. Wow! It just pulls you right along... sometimes a little to close. Sure, I know this is a bit of a dangerous thing to do, but man, The feeling is just awesome. I've also learnt that I need a bit of speed in my life. Long smooth corners at 100km/h or over is just a very cool feeling. Ude (my bike) managed to hit a top speed of 140km/h at one point before I decided that it was enough and that was 50km/h over my legal limit. Awesome feeling. The roads can be a bit dodgy in places, but mostly it's smooth cruising. It's just way too much fun.

No comments: