20060820

It's the MEGA DAG...


oh dear... Luckily bush walking is not a fashion event. Anyhoo, I had a great day yesterday. I went and attempted another section of the Oxfam walk. A good friend of mine, Judo, joined me on this section. He'd been in this area before as this is where he does some of his mountain bike rides. Want to know the BEST thing about this walk?.. We gave up walking on the trail and went completely bush to explore the area. I think I ended up walking further than I was hoping and I loved every minute of it... AND I found a geocache!

The cache was well off the main firetrail, so some rock climbing and creating your own path was needed to locate this one. In the end, when I finally reached it's co-ords, it stood out like a sore thumb. It was like some kid had left his big bright lunchbox out in the bush after a picnic. It hadn't been found for a few months, so I placed it back under the ledge and a bit further back so it might be a little harder for the next cacher to find.

The week finally caught up with me and when I got home to bed by about 9:30ish I think I just crashed.

What an awesome week. This is why I'm alive.

No comments: