20060817

Really? Can we have a re-count?

in·teg·ri·ty (?n-t?g'r?-t?)
n.
Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

I don't really want to talk too much about work on my blog because, frankly, it would bore you to tears. However, this rates a mention. We have these "Employee of the month" awards. Sure it's not called that. It's given a weird arse title, but really, it's just an employee of the month thing. I've been a little vocal to some of colleagues about how I really don't like the idea. It seems like a whole lot of "Aren't we a good organisation - let's pat ourselves on the back", when really most people I work with just work bloody hard and just get on with the job that they are employed to do. We even have pride in our work. I'd think if you're NOT doing a good job, then something should be said to you. All I can say is thank God that we don't have one of those cheesy notice boards in reception displaying the mug shot of the current month's winner. Which this month is me. Urgh. Awarded for "Integrity".

No comments: