20061107

I have the concentration of...

a strainer. Ok, did that make any sense? My wandering mind is causing me too much grief. Not really the best to be out and riding on a bike. But I actually thought I was riding very well. So well in fact, that I decided to do some weaving down a quiet street and stand up on the foot pegs. "Look Ma, no hands!"

Well, Mr Policeman didn't think I was being very clever. Damn. That's where the lack of concentration comes into it! I didn't even see him. Although, he must have been slightly impressed because he didn't book me. I just got a little talking to about the "should do" and "should not do" of riding in the streets. I didn't say this, but I just kept thinking, "Man, if I'm going to learn to do handstands I need to practice somewhere!"

5 comments:

kookyknut said...

Handstands?? cool. I hope you aren't joking. I'm way too much of a wuss to try anything like that.

KPB said...

OK between the almost getting hit by a car and reckless bike riding, I'm going to have to get parental tones...

Muzbot said...

Ok - so handstands may be a bit ambitious.

molly said...

you're 36 and you want to learn ow to do handstands on your bike??Have you had your head examined lately?My 19 yr. old son [6ft. 4ins. and 200lbs.] recently took a tumble from a dirt bike[airborne]--he has no sense either....

Muzbot said...

Ahhh yes... the dirt bike tumble... Did I mention somewhere that a few months ago I broke my foot and dislocated several toe bones after attempting a mud doh nut on my dirt bike? I'm probably not that good at these sorts of things.