20061130

Somedays every thing just goes your way...

and then days, like today, it just gets off to the wrong sort of start.
I cooked dinner last night just for myself. If you know me, you'd know that's quite unusual... I experimented with Korean starch noodles, vegies, chicken and some thai chillies, soy, and penut oil. So, in the early hours of this morning, I was rudely woken with a STRONG desire to go to the loo. This desire lasted about two hours.

So, when I re-awoke this morning to the sound of the alarm clock, I seemed to be struggling a little to get ready for work. I opted for the easy iron shirt, packed my bag, went to the kitchen had my swig of Yakult, picked up the rubbish and walked out the front door to the bin. Closing the door to the morning behind me. Realising then, as the door clicked into locked position, that my keys were resting next to my computer keyboard. (Plane Spotter is out of town, so I couldn't rely on his set of keys to get me back inside)

My team meeting at work went an hour and a half overtime. It dragged on... and on... I didn't get a chance to go out of the office for lunch and ended up almost arguing "business logic" for new development work and defending my team's heavy workload and short time frames.

But as soon as I walked out of the office today, the world had righted itself. My walk home from The Rocks went so smoothly. I seemed to get every green walk light. This NEVER happens. It's usually stop-start all the way home. AND... I luckily I had leant a spare set of keys to Judo the day before and he was waiting back at home to let me in. There was a slight cooling wind. Dinner was tasty. Conversation was interesting. People were smiling... I was smiling... I picked up the new Faithless album from Hum. And now I'm going to lie back in bed, chill and enjoy listening to it as I drift into pillowy comfortable slumber. Still smiling.

No comments: