20061117

My favorite...


film is on teev this weekend. (Channel 7 8:30pm, Sunday)
This is the doco that has inspired me more than any other film I have ever seen. It's the reason why I got out there and learnt to climb. I can't recommend this film highly enough. It's a true story and proves that the human spirit is a truly amazing beast.
As a quick summary: Simon and Joe go climbing a mountain that had not been climbed before. As they climb further into uncharted territory Joe falls and breaks his leg. The rest of the story involves getting him off the mountain. The cinematography is simply breath-taking, and if that does not take your breath away the white knuckle tension will. It's one of those rare films proving fact is far more engaging than fiction.
There is far more to this story than this movie portrays. I shall post more after the movie screens, so as not to give too much away prior to it's screening.

2 comments:

meggie said...

Hi Muzbot
Thanks for visiting my blog!

No, I dont think Tofu would really do, & besides- vegetarians have plenty of other things to eat!

I love your sisiter's puppy. Name?

meggie said...

Jack!! silly me!
Preflight jitters!