20061106

My mind was elsewhere this morning...

and I miss read the lights at the pedestrian crossing and stepped out in front of a car. For a very quick second tires screeched and horns blared. I wasn't hit. How could this be? I'm so sure now that I was very lucky this morning. So, I was sworn at and I felt like a complete fool. My heart was racing and I was breaking out in a nervous sweat. 5 minutes later as I walked further towards the city I burst out laughing and thought to myself that there is no way I would want to die being hit by a car. I have grand plans that my death will possibly be caused by attempting something actually dangerous, not crossing the street...

2 comments:

kookyknut said...

I almost got hit by a car on the way to work the other day. scared the absolute crap out of me.

KPB said...

Ok, that is just stupid. Because you see, statements like that, mean you are one step from doing the stupid venturers-for-older-people rock climbing to venturers-for-the-stupid base jumping.

And yes, I am very clever for working stupid into one sentence three times.