20070210

There's something really good about...

an $8.50 steak for dinner. And it's even more special when it has a big dollop of sour cream on the side.

After Kookyknut and I had our dinner at the pub, we moved on to another pub to catch up with Jackie and watch the end of the cricket. Now, Kookyknut and I like to have a good laugh, but, when there's some drunks playing pool in line of sight of the cricket on the big screen, our laughs may have been miss read. One dude, who I would term "rough as guts", thought I was laughing at his pool playing ability. I was threatened by him. His "10 boys" would drag me off to a dumpster somewhere. Nice. He was so smashed I think I would have been too quick for him, but the cricket ended and we took to the streets to find a cab to take us to the final night of Club Kooky.

Club Kooky is/was a Sydney institution. It plays nothing but the coolest underground tunes and the crowd goes there for the music and not to look pretty. I liked it so much. It was one of the few clubs where I felt I was home amongst freaks and friends. I rarely go to clubs because, well, I'm not into that scene, but Kooky was unlike any other club. Kooky will be sadly missed, but I'm hoping it will resurface in a new venue. I got home at 4:30am this morning and thought I put in a mighty good effort. I love Friday nights.

1 comment:

LBA said...

Sounds like a good night :)