20070313

Today is the day...


that I begin to write the final chapter in a book that was started 10 years ago.
I'm currently full of some very conflicting feelings.

I signed a lease today on a neat little bachelor pad. It's on the 7th floor of an older building and it overlooks the CBD of North Sydney. It's quiet, leafy and soon it will be my own space. I should be happy about this, but I'm not. Somehow, here in this last chapter, there are two broken dreams and two broken hearts.

--==--

Cheers then, here's to two old friends
We thought we'd never say goodbye
But those good times came to an end
And its not worth another try

Familiar place familiar face
But feeling's not the same
Try to relive what we once did
It's just a silly game

Cheers then, here's to two old friends
We thought we'd never say goodbye
But those good times came to an end
And its not worth another try

One of the crowd
It felt so safe
I never felt alone
Together everyday and night
When you and me were young

Time that lapsed a bond collapsed
We never planned for that
I felt betrayed, I let you down
We're better on our own

Cheers then, we're saying goodbye
Cheers then...

10 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

good luck in your new place. I hope it brings you joy and happiness and helps to mend or, at least, ease the pain of broken hearts.
DG

kookyknut said...

Congratualtions on actually finding a place... have you seen the news? Apparently it's near impossible!! ;) Good luck on the new and exciting chapter of your life... they say a change is as good as a holiday.

A Table For Two said...

Congrats on the new place and welcome to the "dark" side..... drop by sometimes for a beer or two! :)

Monty said...

Muz, you've moved to the Dark Side - wahooo! Welcome my friend! You're just around the corner from both Gav25 and myself! I'll have to introduce you to the local pubs mate!

Bazbear said...

Best wishes mate in establishing your space. As the others have said - may it be a special place for you. Yes you are closing a chapter but hey lets see what new the story brings out

Cant wait to see it when I visit. Is there room for a sling? :):)

Campbell said...

I hope the chapter ends in a way that allows you to be part of another story.
Go gently.

seymour said...

Come and get a big hug mate - you don't even have to put out! Hugs are healing and free, and hearts are for mending.
Life is short, please be happy knowing you know how to love. Many of our homo brothers never gain that skill. It will happen again - thats why evolution put so many of us on this planet.
Time to put some love into yourself Muz - just watch what happens!

Boser Wolf said...

my god, youre moving away from the home hearth.. but hey at least youre moving closer to where i work

LBA said...

Seems like you've got lots of friends and support. Sorry things didn't work out how you planned - heartbreak is the hardest thing.

But moving onwards and a new scene, some fresh air and light.... does wonders.

It just takes time.

Anonymous said...

Hey there buddy,

Congrats on your new space. As the new chapter begins, just remember that there's always someone over the big Pacific pond thinking about you.

Hugs man!