20070716

I give up!

Seriously. I just can't do it.

Last night I unplugged my camera from my computer to free up a USB port and plugged in the TV tuner so I could watch the MotoGP. It wasn't going to be too late tonight because the race was on at 11:40pm. One of the earliest this season. So I settled onto the lounge with my blankey and pillows, a nice cold beer and prepared myself for what I had hoped was going to be a good night in.

I woke up just in time to see the final interview with third place winner Nicky Hayden. DAMN IT! I missed the whole race! Slept through the whole thing. I didn't see the start, the finish or anything in between.

So this morning I relied on the up to date MotoGP site for the results, and it seems as though it was a good race for Honda. 1st and 3rd. It wasn't a great race for Rossi who crashed out. Aussie, Cassey Stoner, finished 5th and because of Rossi's crash, it leaves Stoner in an even better position to continue his ride to the final championship title this season.

2 comments:

Christerbjorn said...

Hey Muz,
Don't hate me but even though I like watching Motorcycle racing as much as you like watching tennis, I saw the start and while flicking through Foxtel, saw Rossi crash in the 6th lap and saw the finish. I worked in the After Hours Medical Clinic last night and got home still buzzing from my adrenaline packed shift so I couldn't sleep. If it's any consolation, I was thinking about you every minute that I was watching, believing that you too were watching. Better luck for the next race, I can prescribe some stimulants if you need some assistance staying awake.
McDreamy.

Monty said...

Oh my Muz...is this, ahem, old age catching up??? Falling asleep while watching a MotoGP - I'm shocked! :-)