20070719

The morning’s dilemma...

The crisp morning wind started out being my friend. It was pushing me on through the muddy feelings that remained from last night. It wasn’t necessarily a big night, but you know those nights where you’re just having fun and you don’t think you need to measure the amount of vodka you pour into the bottom of the glass. It's not like you're going to run out, you’ve got plenty more of it on the shelf…

As I stepped out onto the bridge the morning’s parade of people going to work seemed to be moving much faster than me. The cold icy wind stopped being my friend and had turned on me. The further I walked across the bridge, the harder it was to not feel vertigo. Don't look down Muz, just don't look down. My mouth was dry. Then, from the iPod through to the buds in my ears, Wolfmother screamed into my head, the sound overwhelmed me and I stopped. My dry mouth instantly watered and I had that familiar feeling that I was about to throw up.

Hence my dilemma… Halfway across the bridge should I chuck up there on the limited space and spoil people's walk to work, or do I turn my head to the side of the bridge and hurl over the railing – hoping to God that there isn’t a ferry below with workers on the deck?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. you are just too funny. What did you do?

Monty said...

What did you do Muz???

PS I know how you feel! :-)

Darth Gateau said...

over the siiiiiiiidde....


You'd also be doing your bit for the environment as seagulls need to eat too...

Tales of the City said...

Ah the effects of another bloggers meet perhaps? What did you do?

KPB said...

So... did you hurl at your feet or the water??? (It seems fitting that my commenting drought is broken by asking you about where you spewed.)

Muzbot said...

KIM!!! Helloooooo!

I turned my head to the side looked over the edge and then let out the biggest loudest burp. It was so disappointing... but a relief.