20070813

A Sydney stunner...

Sydney once again showed me why I love her this weekend. The weather was fantastic, and the ocean looked like a beautiful opal. I met up with my mate "Minkered" (Minkered adj: drunk, "I got so minkered on the weekend") on Saturday and we wandered the eastern beaches and coastline. This return trip was about 19km and took us the best part of 6 hours to complete, including time to stop at the pub for a beer and lunch in Maroubra. It was a great day and great company. We both decided that we could have walked to the South Pole we were having such a good time.

Sunday I caught up with my three favorite men. Judo, Kookyknut and Minkered. We sat around in my lounge drinking Coopers, listening to tunes and watching iTunes visualizer in high definition wide screen glory. It was great to catch up with Kookyknut, we both agreed we've been slack and had missed each other heaps.

7 comments:

Dave said...

i think we'd have got further than the south pole... ;o)

samedi! said...

Sydney is slice of heaven, well, almost :)

and I tend to eat a lot when I'm there, don't know why.

Christerbjorn said...

Very cute comment Dave.
McDreamy.
Muz:
Looks like a great walk, I think Evan and I will have to give it a go. Great to hear that you had a great weekend, you deserve all the good that comes to you my friend.
McDreamy.

Darth Gateau said...

You walked all that way? Quite frankly you deserve a medal.. There's no way I'd walk even half of that unless there was a pot of gold, a cup of tea and a 20 course buffet at the end of it!!
catching up with old mates is the best tho - especially ones you can pick up with straight away, no matter how long it's been.

Sh@ney said...

I love walking, hiking especially to peaceful, pretty places. Although my current state of health would not allow it.
Nice to see you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Was good to meet Minkered, but was a little awkward at first. Was like I walked in on a couple of little misbehaving schoolboys. Let's leave it there shall we ...

Anonymous said...

we managed to find a bottle shop in vancouver last week selling coopers sparkling... home sweet home!

as the rush to the checkout ensued my mate actually dropped the six pack and they smashed everywhere..... luckily the fridge was fully stocked :)

greetings from the furry heavily tattooed world of portland, oregon