20070801

Is it August already...

I guess so.

Did anyone see the sunrise over Sydney this morning? It was just spectacular. In fact, it was a beautiful morning all round. The temperature was not cold. The ferry fleet were arriving for the morning peek hour. The empty trains rattled across the bridge. The endless procession of utes and vans motored past. The colours in the sky turned from dark blue to fluorescent crimson to gold. And the no longer full moon looked mighty lonely up there in the sky with no company from the stars, just empty space all around it.

I've hit that busy patch of year at work again. Some of you may recall that this time last year I experienced that weird altered sleep deprived state after days of no sleep. I'm managing it a little better this year by working a lot at home in the evenings. The days are still long, but am loving these early morning starts. So, I haven't really had a great deal of time to work on a header for this month's blog. I knocked this one out a little too quickly yesterday. I'll aim a bit higher next month.

Hello August.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, i didn't see the sun rise this morning. In fact, I haven't seen a sun rise in ages. I'm usually tucked away in happy slumber. Sounds like a nice morning though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I like the header. Me and the kids look forward to the screening of the Idol auditions each year. There is always a good mix of talent and laughs...

Monty said...

Love the header Muz!

And I must agree with Crystal...haven't seen the sun rise for a rather long time! I'm too deeply committed to sleeping in - one of the most delightful pleasures that life can give! :-)

Anonymous said...

heavy clouds scudding low across a pale blue sky here in the nation's capital...

sunrise looks pretty spectacular in Sydney though - nice rich colours Muz. What photo processing program do you use ? (sorry I may have asked that previously)

Tales of the City said...

Very cool Header. Your are one talented Mr.

Darth Gateau said...

bless. You're a deep wee soul aren't you?!
I like the header and I like sunrise.

I'm up early so I get to see sunrise in Spring, Autumn and Winter. I love sunrise over London - the whole city seems clean and quiet for a change.

Tales of the City said...

Darth - clearly your eyes dont stray to street level... :-)

Campbell said...

I love being up early to see sunrises, I just don't like getting up early. It's the rolling out of bed that I find difficult, but once I'm up I love the early mornings.
Hope the work doesn't become overwhelming for you Muz.

Darth Gateau said...

well of course I don't look down - I'm always looking toward the stars. I'm not as deep as Muz but I'm a optimmist

Darth Gateau said...

and obviously poor at spelling...

Muzbot said...

Deep? Me?

Monty said...

Still waters run deep Muz! It's one of those dichotomies about you which is so cool...superficially shallow whilst being very deep! ;-)