20070827

Well, enough whining about the weekend...

Truth be told, despite the case of gastro, I did have a top weekend. I got to meet some new people and spent some quality time with my mate Minkered.

I'm still at home in bed today after visiting the doctor this morning just to have a checkup. I'm not a fan of doctor's surgeries. I often think I'll come out sicker than I went in because of all the other sick people sitting around the waiting rooms. I can't wash and shower quick enough after visiting one of these places (Am I a bit O.C.?). But today's wait for the doctor was exciting. A very beautiful looking lady was standing at the reception desk when suddenly she collapsed onto the floor. My case of the "shits" seemed kind of trivial compared to passing out in the waiting room. The staff were all very professional and dealt with this situation very calmly. I wonder how often this sort of thing happens? Most times I've been to the doctor there's never any excitement like this, just a few sad and sorry looking faces usually. Maybe being a doctor in a practice is not as boring as I thought it would be.

6 comments:

Dave said...

Hey you. Maybe it's this that's knocked you for six. Get well soon matey... ;o)
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/08/27/1188066998025.html

Campbell said...

Hope you're back to feeling 100% very soon Muzbot.

seymour said...

Get some peppermint tea into your tummy special guy. Nice and soothing.


Hope all is feeling better.

Christerbjorn said...

Hey Muzbot,
In my experience, it really doesn't happen often but sometimes when it does happen it can be catestrophic. I've been working and called to a baby who had stopped breathing in the waiting room, 2 heart attacks and 1 stroke. I've had a few faints but only one due to diabetic ketoacidosis which was something of an emergency. Staff (Including receptionists) undergo training regularly to improve their Basic Life Support and triage skills. Honestly, it is the great majority of the time just another job, with its fair share of monotony and boredom. I hope your Doctor helped you out or at least explained what was going on and you are feeling better.
McDreamy.

Monty said...

I was going to say, talk to McDreamy, he's bound to have a story or two...but he beat me to it! Glad you're improving!

Brechi said...

It's not obsessive - I always used to take showers afterwards when I volunteered at the local hospital.