20070418

Bad mood Wednesday…

This morning I didn't get out of the wrong side of bed, but when I left for work something wasn't quite right.

I almost lost it at work this morning and was close to chucking a "designer's" tanty. I mean really, how many times can you change a straight line for someone before you go "Oh for god's sake! It's a line, it's this long and it's grey! What more do you want? What? Another 2 pixels!?!?!" And so I calmly stood up from my chair and walked out. I needed some fresh air or I was simply going to loose it. I walked around trying to gather my thoughts. I was puzzled. I couldn't think of a reason for my foul mood. Why was I cranky? Why the short fuse today? I had no idea. That just added to my frustration.

And then it dawned on me: I was wearing the shirt I hate the most. Yes, that was it. How shallow. I have not managed to get my work shirts cleaned for a little while and was down to two shirts to choose from this morning. The one I'm wearing and a pink one. Tomorrow being "Pink Shirt Thursday" the choice was easy. Today - The horrible white one. I just can't stand business shirts that are not tailored and bunch around your waist like some horrible women's 80's bubble skirt. Not a good look on a male! So that prompted me to go and do something else I really don't like: clothes shopping in the city. But I now have two new shirts that will be cleaned tonight along with the rest of my shirts so I can destroy this ugly white one and my ugly mood along with it.

3 comments:

Monty said...

You have your shirts cleaned for you! You slacko! ;-)
Glad you kept your pink shirt for tomorrow too! We will prevail!
Did you buy your new shirts from my favourite store?

Darth Gateau said...

you boys and your pink shirts! So cute!
I'm sporting a jazzy red, purple and green vertical stripe today - sounds rancid but it's actually uber cool. I always get good comments when I wear it - mind you, I do have a colleague that thinks it looks like a TV test signal...
Muz, I know what you mean about clothes putting you in a bad mood. It's usually undies that do it for me tho - even more irratitional as no-one else can see them!

Campbell said...

It's so annoying when you can't put you're finger on the cause of your bad mood. It happens to me from time to time. I'll have to take my clothing into consideration next time!