20070429

Da posse...

Ok, sure there was just the three of us today in "da posse", but... Judo, Scarface and I went riding and enjoyed, what would have to be, one of Sydney's most spectacular days this year.
The temperature was perfect, the skies were deep blue, dotted with some high contrast white fluffy clouds and the mood was playful and mischievous.

We started bright and early, meeting out the front of mine. Up the pacific highway we rode and then weaved our way through some of Sydney's more green and hilly suburbs to the Berowra turn off onto the Old Pacific Hwy. First stop was the Road Warrior's cafe at Mt White. "The" bikers hang out on weekends. After a massive bacon and egg roll we headed through the back way, via Peats Ridge, to Wiseman's Ferry. This road would be a fantastic ride if it was in good condition. It was bumpy, stupid black hatchbacks took corners too wide and my kidney's felt like they had been king hit by a boxer. This made stopping at Wiseman's for lunch an even more enjoyable option... despite the lone solo singer at the pub who was more loud than enjoyable.

Sydney is truly one of the best cities in the world. On days like today you can't help but be thankful for what we've got. I think of today and I just smile. (Judo, yes, I'm pulling my "rat face" smile right now!) Thanks lads for a great day.

1 comment:

Steve said...

mmmm Appreciation - the key to having a good day/life. Genuine gratitude connects us with people and things in a way that sort of makes us bigger, abundant, apart of more of the world. When I’m thankful for a person or their actions, I make a place that lets a bit of them grow inside me. When I express that appreciation I bring life to that thing or person to grow also. The joy of the happy gardener, of course it brings on a smile.

Whenever I feel a lack in my life, there’s usually is a lack appreciation sitting just next to it, unseen. mmmm can I be grateful when I’m pissed off ?

Looking for excuses to be thankful and expressing it in some way, as you do Muz fits more life into life. Thank you smily :-)

Like Bruce, Bruce, and Bruce said:
This ‘ere’s the Wattle - the emblem of our land,
You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in ya hand,
Crack a tube !
Australia, Australia, Australia we love you Amen!