20070416

I'm loving this right now...

Saturday night I went to the rugby to see the Waratahs V Reds. It was probably one of the sloppiest games of rugby I've seen ever. Anyhoo, after the game I went for a few drinks at a pub/bar that I hadn't been to on a sat night before. Well, it was great. The crowd was very understated cool and I loved the music. It was very 80's indie influenced. Very much my sort of sound. I was introduced to one of the Dj's, Chloe, she was one of the spunkiest chicks I've met in ages. Very sexy. In fact most of the crowd there were very spunky. Although, there were a couple of emos in the corner and the phrase "What have you come as?" was uttered by my mate... For the past few weeks I've been re-discovering some tunes from my past including early Kate Bush and some Morrissey and The Smiths. When this song below was played on sat night over the decent sound system it brought back some beautiful memories and this song has been on high rotation in my brain ever since... One of my all time faves.

The Smiths - "There is a light that never goes out"


7 comments:

Monty said...

Errm, what's an "emo"? :-)

FireHorse said...

Yeah Morrissey but particularly The Smiths are cool and as for Kate, I believe that there is a movement to have her recognised as a 'living legend'.

Do you remember when Morrissey came to Oz in either the late eighties or early nineties then he cancelled his concerts and came up with some lame arse excuse. Friends of mine who were planning on going were real pissed.

wwwoof said...

edible men onsite?

Darth Gateau said...

Heathcliffe...

Oh. The memories of a fabulous 80's youth, and the memory of my huge 80's George Michael style hair. Only the sound of Kate lingers on...
sniff sniff....

Muzbot said...

monty: Not sure if your question is a serious one or not. Back in my day we called them Goths. Today they wear colours, are digitally aware and have MyCrache, opps, MySpace pages. Emo is short for Emotionals.
here's one

seymour said...

"MyCrache" = genius!

LBA said...

denys - you should have caught Moz when he came back to apologise a few years back.

Awesome concert, the man's a legend.