20070411

Inspiration strikes...

and you just have to run with it sometimes. I'm a huge fan of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman. Tim Burton is visually a creative genius and Danny Elfman is audibly a creative genius. I watched Edward Scissorhands tonight for the first time in over 10 years. It amazes me how beautiful this film really is and how I'm re-discovering it and it's meanings. Danny Elfman creates the most beautiful musical score to accompany this film. In fact, every piece of music he composes has a quirky surreal quality to it. He has created music for a lot of Tim Burtons films and this adds to their fairytale beauty.

Over the long weekend I dug out a score of music which has been a favorite of mine since I played it on the piano way way back in primary school. I sat down in front of my mac and decided to create my own Elfman inspired Muzbot orchestrated version. The original score was written in 1895 by Sir Edward Elgar and he could have never foreseen that his score would ever sound like this... It's a little rough around the edges and I haven't finished it yet but I hope you enjoy:

I call my version : "March of The Muzbots"
The Snow - Sir Edward Elgar




6 comments:

Steve said...

And like Edward, Muz plays in his castle, creating beautiful notes that flutter down like snow flakes on us below, inspiring our hearts to dance. Thanks.- when can we get it on iTunes?

Monty said...

I'm discovering new facets to lots of people today! Not only can you doodle (LOVED the easter bunny) but you can create music!!! I'm impressed Muz! Look forward to seeing the pic of you in your pink shirt btw! lol

yani said...

That's VERY cool! I can just imagine that done ala Elfman with lots of violin and cello work... any chance of getting that as a download? :)

Anonymous said...

thats great! i wanna hear more!!!

wwwoof said...

loved the piece! when ur gonna get to yr album!

Dafydd 1971 said...

Hey. Good stuff. Very Danny Elfman esque indeed.
Big Burton and Elfman fan here too, esp the stuff on Nightmare Before Christmas. Have a great weekend.