20070611

The crowd goes wild...

IMG_2423 because their home town boy was so close to knocking off the top two riders. But he didn´t. The little Aussie rider, Casey Stoner, won! It was the best race of the season so far. The weather was el scorchio, the spectators were hot and the atmosphere was better than any carnival or party I´ve been to. It was like Mardi Gras for men with bikes. But sexier and far more entertaining. The bikes here are more sportier than Italy too... Less scooters. I´ve even seen a few lads riding the same bike as mine. My bike is the "pin-up" bike for Yamaha here and I would have loved to get one of the posters, but it wouldn´t have travelled too well.

The city of Barcelona is a great place. I love the accents the locals here have. I could sit and listen to them talk for hours. I´d rate it better then French... Yes, that´s a big call from me as I love the French. I´ve eaten the best paella and have sat on the street corners drinking beers watching the Spaniards walking by. This place is also the cheapest place to eat and drink so far.

5 comments:

Monty said...

Glad you're having a great time Muz! And it's excellent that you got to see the Aussie boy do well in Spain! Can't wait for the slide night at yours! ;-)

KPB said...

We watched the race and thought of you, but only briefly because of just how close - and therefore exciting - the race was. An awesome GP on tele, so I can only imagine how amazing it was in real life.

seymour said...

I like Kim watched just to see if I could see you. What a race! Hunky looking crowd too. You must be in your element!

kookyknut said...

Great pic Muz, give my love to the sexy Spaniards.

Darth Gateau said...

Spanish guys are just soooo sexy. they're kinda like italians with less attitude and a naughtier glint in their eyes. lucky you. I'm v. jealous. I'm off to Bruges at the weekend. Belgian men? Hmmm...