20070625

What a great race...

One of the best podium finishes this season. Two aussies! Stoner finished first, Edwards followed in second (Not even a close second) and Vermeulen third. The top 3 - No Rossi! This gives Stoner a clear lead on the table. I've been waiting for this all season. It was a great race especially 3 laps from the end when Vermeulen overtook Rossi. I think I jumped right out of the comfort of my lounge at that point. Don't get me wrong, I like Rossi as a rider, but I'm looking forward to seeing who is going to take his crown because he's had such a long run as a world champion.

There was another Aussie in this race too. Anthony West was making his Debut for Kawasaki (Go the green machines!). His bike was actually the fastest in the warm ups over the weekend. He had a great race and was a real contender for the top 5, however, in the wet conditions he made a small mistake and that put him back in 11th position.

And the best result: Out of the top 4 finishing bikes, 2 were Yamaha's. Woohoo!

1 comment:

TC said...

Hey Muzz - just checked in on your blog after quite a while - looks like you had a great holiday. Im at the start of mine - not quite 2 weeks in and 5 to go!
Must say you are looking slimmer and fitter these days - way to go mate.
Terry