20070602

Tuscan sunsets...

are very beautiful. But frankly, Bega is just as nice.

Well, I'm finally in Florence after spending a few days on the Tuscan coast. The weather has been off and on and we've had some very heavy rain this morning on the way here. This arvo the weather is fine. This city is a bit grubby, but very busy. I think there are a lot of people here for the race this weekend. We are going to the track tomorrow to watch some qualifying races then do a bit of sight seeing.

The Italian language is very hard to pick up, but I'm already starting to pick up the accent. It's very easy to do. The people are very polite and patient with my english.

The Italian traffic is mad. The drivers are so confident and the speed limit seems to be just a guide. i.e: if it says 90km/h then it's ok to do 170km/h. The bikers and scooter riders here are the best lane splitters in the world! no wonder they are good riders on the track. Well, not as good as us Aussies!

Ciao

2 comments:

LBA said...

Hmm - you're a Bega-boy ?
I'm from that way myself.

Florence and the Tuscan countryside did nothing for me. Sure, it was nice an' all .. but so is the Mornington Peninsula...

Anonymous said...

Disagree, Tuscan countryside was beautiful to drive through when you get off the freeways and take the windy back roads. I actually loved being stopped by cops at a traffic jam in some backwater because a group of bicyclists were coming through...

(Although, I don't have the same motor passion as you)

Enjoy the trip, thanks for sharing it...